users@glassfish.java.net

can't deploy app in win7 + GF + NB (xp works find)

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:21:36 -0600 (CST)

I am using NB7.0.1 with GF3.1.1. I developed an jee6 app on win xp.
Everything run smoothly without problem. I can deploy my app from NB to GF. I
can also start GF alone and deploy via asadmin. Recently, I port everything
to win 7 and encoutered a lot of problems:

1. In win7, I found that the GF server (the only one in my NB) has deployment
dir pointing to "C:\Users\myID\.netbean....." instead of "C:\Program
Files\glassfish-3.1.1.....". I am able to start GF from NB, the GF seems to
work fine (I can see GF default front page) but afterward when I deploy my
app in NB, nothing happen, no log, no message, nothing. I tried to deploy my
app via asadmin command, but I can't found any asadmin in the
"C:\Users\myID\.netbean.....\bin" folder, it's empty.

2. I tried to start GF outside NB by running asadmin from the "C:\Program
Files\glassfish-3.1.1.....\bin" folder. But even using an Administartors ID
in win 7, it failed with:
[Code]

java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for C:\Program
Files\glassfish-3.1.1\glassfish\domains\domain1\logs\server.log
Waiting for domain1 to start .Error starting domain domain1.
The server exited prematurely with exit code 1.
Before it died, it produced the following output:

Launching GlassFish on Felix platform
ERROR: Error creating bundle cache. (java.lang.Exception: Unable to create
bundle cache lock file: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
Files\glassfish-3.1.1\glassfish\domains\domain1\osgi-cache\felix\cache.lock
(Access is denied))
java.lang.Exception: Unable to create bundle cache lock file:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
Files\glassfish-3.1.1\glassfish\domains\domain1\osgi-cache\felix\cache.lock
(Access is denied)
[/code]

I've checked that Administors group has full control on both server.log and
cache.lock file.

3. I tried to add the "C:\Program Files\glassfish-3.1.1....." GF installation
as my second GF v3.x server in NB. But NB always reject with invalid GF
installation for all subfolder under it. In fact the GF was installed from
the NB package.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'senderj']