users@glassfish.java.net

Remote Glassfish V3 JMX and jconsole ?

From: Sven Hafner <sven.hafner_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:00:22 +0800

Hi,

this is an old topic and across various forums keep on asking without
getting a conclusive answer.
(some discussions refer to GF 2.1 which are not necessary applicable to
GF 3+)

How do I connect jconsole to a remote default ("domain1") domain ? It
does not work out-of-the-box ,
and with whatever settings I change (in "Edit JMX connector") the only
answer I get is CONNECTION REFUSED/FAILED.

To add to the confusion it is possible to start a JVM with JMX settings,
a part from the glassfish own settings,
certainly conflicting.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099
or
-Dcom.sun.aas.jconsole.server.cbport=XXXX
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=XXXX

I saw various combinations of above settings in some forums added to the
config mix.

Is there a simple "how to" to get it up and running ?

My setup: Ubuntu Desktop running Virtualbox with a "remote" Ubuntu
Server running GF3.1.1

Any feedback appreciated.

Sven