users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish 3.1.1: password alias for admin user in password file not working?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 04:43:25 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I want to set an alias in my password file for the AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD.
Therefore I created a password-alias "admin-alias" with the same password of
the admin user and added the following line to my password file:

AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=${ALIAS=admin-alias}

But when issuing a command I get an error and I have to enter the password
manually, e.g.

./asadmin --user admin --passwordfile passwords list-instances
Authentication failed with password from file:
/data/glassfish3/glassfish/bin/passwords
Enter admin password for user "admin">
i1   running
i2   running
i3   running
i4   running
Command list-instances executed successfully.

When I set the admin password without using an alias in the password file
(AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=admin) the operation does work:

./asadmin --user admin --passwordfile passwords list-instances
i1   running
i2   running
i3   running
i4   running
Command list-instances executed successfully.

Am I missing something? Setting an alias for e.g. a JDBC-Pool does work
though.

Regards

--
[Message sent by forum member 'boernd']