users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot deploy application that includes xerces .jar to Glassfish 3.1.1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:38:11 -0500 (CDT)

I am using NetBeans 7.0.1 to develop a web application under JDK 1.6.0_27 for
Glassfish 3.1.1.  My project uses BIRT 3.7.1, whose runtime libraries
include one called org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v201101211617.jar.  When I first
added the BIRT runtime libraries to my project and let it incrementally
redeploy, all was well.  However, when I try to completely drop and redeploy
the application from scratch, I get the following error:

com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: Unable to parse document
'bundle://181.0:1/com/sun/faces/jsf-ri-runtime.xml': DTD factory class
org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.dtd.DTDDVFactoryImpl does not extend from
DTDDVFactory.
similar to the error reported here:
stackoverflow.com/questions/6657418/glassfish-3-1-1-error-on-redeploy [1]

The only way I can get it to deploy is to remove the xerces .jar from my
NetBeans project's Libraries list, deploy the project, then add the xerces
.jar back to the project and let it incrementally redeploy when I next run
it.  I don't have a clue what the problem is, let alone how to correct it.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6657418/glassfish-3-1-1-error-on-redeploy

--
[Message sent by forum member 'krahe']