users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1.2 Promoted Build can't access administrator screen

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:38:32 -0800

There are couple changes relating to accessing Admin Console from remote
machine.
Are you accessing the console with localhost:4848 or from other client ?

If you are not accessing from localhost, you need to enable secure
administration first.
You will need to use CLI to do that:

%asadmin enable-secure-admin
%asadmin stop-domain
%asadmin start-domain

Recently, a requirement is added that you cannot enable secure admin if
there is no password set for the admin user. The default out-of-box
configuration has one admin user ("admin") with no password. So, you
have to add a password before enabling secure admin. AFAIK, this is
not in promoted build 7 yet. Promoted build 8 probably require
non-empty password for secure admin.
So, starting with promoted build 8, before the above command, you want
to run

%asadmin change-admin-password

Some of the error msg in this area may not be precise, we are in the
middle of cleaning that up.
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17623
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17652
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17654