users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1.1 unable to deploy web application

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 05:40:43 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I remembered that when I upgraded to glassfish 3.1 I had problems with
the glassfish-3.1-windows.exe installation package, and there were others
having problems with this as well if I remember correctly. What I did then,
and what I did this time as well, is copy the glassfish-3.1.1.zip file and
extract the files.   Then it was a case of copying any changed configuration
over from my existing installation, or at least applying the changes. The
main pain for me was that the domain.xml has a load of new stuff in it for
3.1.1. I had to go through it line by line adding my config to the virgin
3.1.1 file. I also have a custom security realm etc...   Unless I hear to
the contrary it looks like the window distribution simply doesn't work. It
could of course turn out to be something simple like having to disable your
antivirus.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'oversteer']