users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Embedded Glassfish 3.1 won't run from C:\Program Files on Wi

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:52:43 -0500 (CDT)

Actually, I am running 3.1.1, I just didn't type the last .1 This GF 3.1.1
embedded is replacing a Tomcat 6 embedded instance. Our application is a
long-running (months) server application and just like our previous embedded
Tomcat, I didn't want to re-create the application server each time it
started. I just wanted to be able to start-stop. Other than this problem with
the space in the path name causing GF to fail deployment, it seems to
initialize fine. I had created a domains/domain1 directory and the domain1
directory contains a config directory. That seems to be all it needs, as it
creates its other files itself on 1st startup. But this inability of GF to
utilize a Windows directory with a space in it has stopped us dead in the
water.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jakorsme']