users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.0.1 GZIP problem - Threads apparently spinning,

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:31:19 -0500 (CDT)

Alexey,
Thanks for the feedback. We took a similar tack. We had set up the "Enable
Compression" ON on Glassfish (Network Listeners - Advanced) in addition to
using the CXF annotations. We took a similar path to you - that mybe somehow
the two are conflicting. I had thought that the GF compression was to be
used in combination with the CXF compression (ie GF compression ON is
required to allow the CXF annotations to work). This appears to not be the
case.

We tried one server with the GF compression off, and an otherwise identical
server running with GF compression on. We found the GF Compression OFF
server still running after the weekend, and the GF compression ON server
back in the same state (100% CPU, 2 threads stuck in GZIP compression)

So at this point I'm willing to just turn off GF compression and see how long
this lasts, but I don't feel like I have an answer as to where the problem
lies.

Regards

Steve

--
[Message sent by forum member 'steveglennon']