users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Websphere vs Glassfish

From: Leonardo <sombriks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 10:21:57 -0300

So the app that i have working perfectly on glassfish and jboss, but
runs in trouble on websphere is an exception? come on, i've maintained
apps for IBM solutions and every time i had to struggle with customer
to convince him to install some magic fixpack because server comes out
from IBM in a beta-ish state, or even give up some standard feature
because it simply doens't work as it should.

Also, by getting wbsphere usually they sell you RAD also, which will
makes your developement team works 3x SLOWER. The regular connector
for eclipse is less than a distant promise.

You talk about memory leaks, but if the question is about paid support
anyway why not pay it and keeps the normal speed of work? No need to
buy a regular app server support plus a crap IDE instead just app
server support plus market standards IDE - for free.