users@glassfish.java.net

Disabling reporting output when running embedded Glassfish?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:10:32 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi,

I have a command-line-based application that uses the embedded Glassfish
runtime (via javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer#createEJBContainer) to compute
some values and print them to stdout so that they can consumed by other
programs. With Glassfish 3.1, this worked perfectly well because the
container did not print anything directly to stdout (i.e. the only messages
that were printed were log messages that could be redirected elsewhere).
However, Glassfish 3.1.1 now prints some diagnostics information whenever the
application is deployed - this obviously breaks the functionality of my
existing application. Specifically, the output looks like this (the ellipses
indicate where the computed values are printed):

PlainTextActionReporterSUCCESSDescription: deploy AdminCommandApplication
deployed with name embeddable.
[name=embeddable....PlainTextActionReporterSUCCESSNo monitoring data to
report.
Is there any way of disabling or redirecting this output? While this
information may be useful, I think it'd be preferable to have it generated as
part of the logs rather than printed directly to stdout.

Thanks in advance!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'atomicknight']