users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.0.1 JMSException max pool size reached

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 07:53:17 -0500 (CDT)

 Hello

I have an exception that I don't understant in my application. I send message
from a SessionBean to a Message Driven Bean using a JMS queue. Under a
certain load level I received the following exception :

com.sun.messaging.jms.JMSException: MQRA:DCF:allocation
failure:createConnection:Error in allocating a connection. Cause: In-use
connections equal max-pool-size and expired max-wait-time. Cannot allocate
more connections.
To solve this problem I increased the max pool size of the JMS connection
factory from 32 to 64. The messages are sent from a single Stateless
SessionBean and consumed by a single MDB. As the SessionBeans and MDB are
both configure to have a maximum of 32 instances I was assuming that with 64
connection the problem would never occured. However with the new max pool
size the problem seems to occur even faster than before.

I checked to see if I was calling the close method of the connection when
sending a message and it is closed correctly. I really don't understand
what's going on. Can somebody help me?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'piemur']