users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Virtual Servers

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 05:40:31 -0500 (CDT)

I have been trying to do exactly what's written in the Oracle document
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/giusf.html#giupz
written as:
*For example, assume that you want to host the following domains on your
physical server: http://www.aaa.com, http://www.bbb.com, and
http://www.ccc.com. Assume that these domains are respectively associated
with web modules web1, web2, and web3. This means that the following URLs are
handled by your physical server:
http://www.aaa.com:8080/web1
http://www.bbb.com:8080/web2
http://www.ccc.com:8080/web3
The first URL is mapped to virtual server http://www.aaa.com, the second URL
is mapped to virtual server http://www.bbb.com, and the third is mapped to
virtual server http://www.ccc.com. For this mapping to work,
http://www.aaa.com, http://www.bbb.com, and http://www.ccc.com must all
resolve to your physical server's IP address and each virtual server must be
registered with the DNS server for your network.*
Following the contents above:

1. http://www.aaa.com, http://www.bbb.com, and http://www.ccc.com resolve to
my physical server's IP address.
2. each virtual server is registered with the DNS server.
3. for the URL:virtual server mapping
  (1) created network listeners http-listener-3 on #5996 and http-listener-4
on port #5997.
  (2) created virtual servers http://www.bbb.com (id=bbb) and
http://www.ccc.com (id=ccc) to listen to http-listener-3 and http-listener-4,
respectively.
  (3) deployed web2.war and web3.war to run virtual servers bbb and ccc,
respectively.
  (4) set Default Web Module of http://www.bbb.com and http://www.ccc.com to
web2.war and web3.war, respectively.
  (5) set Docroot of each virtual server to
${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/applications/[context_root]

After all these I get 403 Forbidden "You don't have permission to access / on
this server." error with http://http://www.bbb.com/ and http://www.ccc.com/.
I have searched and read several topics in this forum but couldn't get any
solution. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'fishcat']