users@glassfish.java.net

ClassNotFoundException: org.jaxen.JaxenException in ear file - only in

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:44:26 -0500 (CDT)

I am getting the following exceptions in my ejb application:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jaxen.JaxenException
        ... 51 more

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jaxen/JaxenException
        at
org.dom4j.DocumentFactory.createXPath(DocumentFactory.java:230)
        at org.dom4j.tree.AbstractNode.createXPath(AbstractNode.java:207)
        at org.dom4j.tree.AbstractNode.selectNodes(AbstractNode.java:164)
However, Jaxen *IS* in fact in the lib directory of the ear file.
Furthermore, I have deployed the ear to a local instance of GF that is a
minor rev ahead [GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1 (build 43)] and
*IT WORKS*.

Does any one have any ideas as to why this does not work in: [Oracle
GlassFish Server 3.0.1 (build 22)]?

Thanks in advance.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'javamonkey79']