users@glassfish.java.net

Re: eclipse IDE advise

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 07:25:00 -0700

On 8/12/11 1:05 AM, Eve Pokua wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like advise on which eclipse IDE to download. I have the
> following eclipse installed -
>
> Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
>
> Build id: 20090920-1017
This is very very old! 2009. At least 10 new versions got released since
then!
Please,use the latest version called indigo that got released in June
2011. It is always a good idea to get all the Eclipse updates (usually 4
times a year) to get the latest fixes.
Same for the eclipse GlassFish plugin. The June version is in the OEPE
release, but it you want an even newer update (with some bug fixes or
3.1.1), you should follow this tutorial that works as well for Eclipse
indigo latest release and GlassFish 3.1:
http://glassfishplugins.java.net/eclipse36/

OEPE release contains too many plugins, including for WebLogic, so it is
very confusing to use. I would not recommend it.
Ludo