users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish + Open Web Beans

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:05:35 -0500 (CDT)

I've been doing some additional testing with some assistance from the owb
mailing list and the conclusion I've now reached is that it won't be possible
to use owb on glassfish without a proper integration project. The problem is
that despite some promising looking output any CDI beans will be processed by
both CDI implementations. It is possible to exclude beans from weld scanning
(see the weld reference, you can add weld:exclude to beans.xml) but still I
was encountering problems.   I was just experimenting with this and
unfortunately don't have the resource to delve into this any deeper at this
stage. On top of this I'm not at all sure how easily Jersey can move to
another CDI implementation.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'oversteer']