users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 311 Installation error

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:22:14 -0700

I'm not sure how the installer does it but if you are interested in how
the JDK is chosen for running the server itself -- see my blog:

http://blogs.oracle.com/foo/entry/how_does_glassfish_pick_the

On 8/10/2011 3:44 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Well my previous solution of course can't work since the .bat file is
> written by the installer. BUT, the directory AS_JAVA was pointing to was
> incorrect in that an old jre was once installed there without my
> knowladge.
>
> My real Java is [JAVA_HOME is set to] C:\opt\jdk626_64. So I ran the
> installer again from the command line using the -j option, and...
> voila!!!
>
> It worked!
>
> Why the installer doesn't look at JAVA_HOME is beyond me, but anyhow it's
> working ok now.
>
> Thanks.
>
> nat
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'natg']

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Byron Nevins | Principal MTS
Phone: +1 6503958992 <tel:+1%206503958992>