users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem running apps in Glassfish from Eclipse

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:06:30 -0700

On 8/8/11 11:57 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> I'm going to be switching from Tomcat to Glassfish. Since I develop in
> Eclipse, I installed the Glassfish plugin for Eclipse Indigo (Eclipse 3.7)
> from java.net and tried to run one of my existing webapps in Glassfish. I
> told Eclipse to use Glassfish rather than Tomcat and it started Glassfish.
> I verified it was running by going to the administrator on port 4848. So
> far so good. But when I try and access the application, Firefox gives me an
> unable to connect to server error. From the administrator I can see my app
> and I can see that it's enabled. Is there some specific configuration I
> need to do within Glassfish for it to work? BTW, my development box is a
> Mac running 10.6 is that makes any difference.

In the server tab, expand the GlassFish server node to see all the
deployed apps and resources and web services.
If you see your application node there (under GlassFish Management
node), there is a popup menu to view it in the browser.
This will show the correct url to see your app. It depends on the
context root used for this application. By default, it is the project name.
Maybe for Tomcat, it is a different context root.
Ludo