users@glassfish.java.net

Problem running apps in Glassfish from Eclipse

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 13:56:46 -0500 (CDT)

I'm going to be switching from Tomcat to Glassfish.  Since I develop in
Eclipse, I installed the Glassfish plugin for Eclipse Indigo (Eclipse 3.7)
from java.net and tried to run one of my existing webapps in Glassfish.  I
told Eclipse to use Glassfish rather than Tomcat and it started Glassfish.
I verified it was running by going to the administrator on port 4848.  So
far so good.  But when I try and access the application, Firefox gives me an
unable to connect to server error.  From the administrator I can see my app
and I can see that it's enabled.  Is there some specific configuration I
need to do within Glassfish for it to work?  BTW, my development box is a
Mac running 10.6 is that makes any difference.

Rob Tanner

Linfield College

--
[Message sent by forum member 'caspersgrin']