users@glassfish.java.net

maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin admin goal question

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:39:59 -0400

I am using the admin goal from the maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin.

I am trying to use it to create a file user.

The relevant part of my pom configuration looks like this:

<execution>
 <id>Set up users</id>
 <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
 <goals>
  <goal>admin</goal>
 </goals>
 <configuration>
  <commands>
   <command>create-file-user
--passwordfile=${project.build.testOutputDirectory}/passwordfile.txt
--groups admin scott</command>
  </commands>
 </configuration>
</execution>

The --passwordfile option value evaluates to, e.g.
/Users/ljnelson/Projects/my-project/target/test-classes/passwordfile.txt,
and I've verified that this file is copied in via Maven resources. It
contains:

AS_ADMIN_USERPASSWORD=tiger

...as its sole contents.

The only output I get in the Maven output is:

[INFO] --- maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin:3.1.1:admin (Set up users) @
jacc-ear ---
Aug 4, 2011 1:34:46 PM PluginUtil runCommand
INFO: Ran command [create-file-user
--passwordfile=/Users/ljnelson/Projects/my-project/target/test-classes/passwordfile.txt
--groups admin scott]. Exit Code [FAILURE], Output = [Exception while
executing command.]

The build continues normally but obviously this user is not created. No
other log message is provided.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Laird