users@glassfish.java.net

JMS Connection Reset

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 02:57:14 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all

I'm having an issue with OpenMQ that I'm hoping that the you guys have seen
before and can assist me with.

We have a single GlassFish server with a public IP that clients(+/- 100
clients) connect to over the internet via JMS. Periodically a client will get
the following error message:

[quote]

22 Jul 2011 4:12:53 PM com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.ExceptionHandler
throwConnectionException

WARNING: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [PublicServer]. -
cause: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

[/quote]

After which that client can no longer connect to the JMS broker - You can
restart the JVM, restart the computer, but it will not connect. Normally if
you give it a day then it will connect again.

The odd thing about this is that whilst one client may be experiencing the
issue all the other clients will be working without any issues - So in my
mind the OpenMQ on the server side is functioning correctly.

The JMS settings that I use are as follows:

[java]

connectionFactory.setProperty(ConnectionConfiguration.imqAddressList,
connectionURL);
        connectionFactory.setProperty(
ConnectionConfiguration.imqReconnectEnabled, "true");
        connectionFactory.setProperty(
ConnectionConfiguration.imqPingInterval,"30");
        connectionFactory.setProperty(
ConnectionConfiguration.imqReconnectAttempts, "-1");
        connectionFactory.setProperty(
ConnectionConfiguration.imqReconnectInterval, "30000");

[/java]

Has anybody seen this kind of behaviour before, or could somebody give me
some troubleshooting steps that I could follow to get some more information.

Thanks

Tim

--
[Message sent by forum member 'timsa']