users@glassfish.java.net

RE: 1.5Gb in Memory : Constant Restarting of Services

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:57:06 -0400

there are a number of strategies you can use to ensure number of available pre-alloced connections stay above the configured threshold
the first is to implement Apache-DBCP connection pooling and pull the next available connection from the pre-allocated connection pool.
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/

and remember
if you dont need the connection close it!

Martin