users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1 Windows Server 2003 Service Shutting down by itself

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:33:05 -0500 (CDT)

I have a computer with Windows Server 2003 R2 and glassfish 3.1 Open Source
Edition installed. After hours the glassfish windows service shutdowns out of
the blue. Windows event log just say it was terminated 143.

I have read Unlogged [1], JVM SPEC [2], and a PDF chapter of a Sun/Oracle
administration book and what they say is that I need to add the JVM option
-Xrs so that Windows kill events do not affect it and the service is not
stopped. I changed the username and password the service runs under
(previously Local System) and then changed -Xrs for the domain the site runs
under. I didn't change the glassfish system configuration to include the -Xrs
option.

Do I need to set it back to Local System or another Windows user
account(Network Service,etc.)? Do I need to add the option to the other
configuration file?

Any help is appreciated

[1] http://www.java.net/node/672496
[2]
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/java.html

--
[Message sent by forum member 'gdeveloper']