users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Difference Between http-thread-pool1 and thread-pool-1 And Its Impact On Spring Applications

From: Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:21:38 +0200

On 07/04/2011 03:53 PM, Cheng Fang wrote:

> On 7/3/11 6:49 PM, Horacio Natyural wrote:
>> Hi There,
>>
>> I would like to ask what the difference is for http-thread-pool and
>> thread-pool-1 in Glassfish.
>
> They are created and managed separately for different purpose. One is
> for web module and the other is for remote ejb invocation and
> connector connection.
>> I'm currently developing a Spring
>> Application and I was wondering if thread-pool-1 is used at all. I'm
>> not using any EJB's or remoting tools btw.
>>
>> Also, the default max-thread-pool count of http-thread-pool1 is quite
>> low
> Not sure if it's configurable, probably not?
You can configure min-thread-pool-size and max-thread-pool-size. The
default value for max-thread-pool-size is 5, which is enough for
standard usecases, when you don't expect your web app to execute any
long-lasting tasks.
To increase thread-pool size, pls. use the following command:
asadmin set
configs.config.server-config.thread-pools.thread-pool.http-thread-pool.max-thread-pool-size=<N>

WBR,
Alexey.