users@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to achieve an incremental deployment?

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 09:20:35 +0200

On 7/9/11 9:10 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer. I checked out this kind of deployment already. An
> "redeploy" and "touch" reloads *all* modules wihtin the ear! I think
> this is
> not "*incremental*".
>
> Netbeans does /not/ reload the whole ear!
Yes it does.
It only updates the necessary small set of files in the exploded view of
an EAR ( hence maybe the incremental term) , and then does a complete
'redeploy'.
> The server cosole says, that ther
> was a reload *only for one* of my ejb modules within the ear. How do
> they do
> this?
GlassFish does not support it. The unit of deployment or reload or
redeployment is always the entire application, not part of it.
We try to optimize as much as we can in terms of speed. This is what you
see from NetBeans, it is fast, but a complete app redeployment.