users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish v3 clustering force synch

From: Nazrul Islam <nazrul.islam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 18:08:26 -0700

The following spec explains the synchronization algorithm used in
GlassFish 3.x.
Refer to http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/V3.1Clustering

By "conf" I am assuming you mean "config" directory.

GlassFish 2.x used to shallow copy the files under
domains/domain1/config dir. GlassFish 3.x does not seem to do that.

But, if you place new file(s) under config specific directory, that gets
synchronized in 3.x. For example, I created a cluster named "cluster1".
This creates a directory glassfish/domains/domain1/config/cluster1-config/.

I added a new file abc.conf under
glassfish/domains/domain1/config/cluster1-config/ dir. After I restarted
cluster1 instances, abc.conf file was synchronized and available under
glassfish/nodes/localhost-domain1/instance1/config/cluster1-config/
directory for example.

--
Nazrul Islam   -   (408) 276-6468   -   Oracle