users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems with remote client sending to JMS topic

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 11:06:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply. I am only running a stand alone instance at this
stage.

I'm seeing some inconsistent behaviours that I cannot explain and find
worrying. Maybe you could help explain.

I am running Glassfish 3.1 on a VM. A client in the VM can send messages to
the server and remote clients can do the same from 3 other machines. That's
all fine, it proves that the connectivity is there.

I have a message listener that is created when each client starts. They
retrive messages off an outgoing topic. I have been using QBrowser to see the
messages arriving in this topic.

A client running on the VM gets notified of the updates, a client on the VM
host (server hosting the VM)  machine sometimes gets the updates (either
gets all or none) and the clients on the other two remote machines always get
none.

Is there a setting that I am missing when specifing a message listener? Also
how can I debug this as I am getting no errors either with the client or the
server?

Thanks

Stephen

--
[Message sent by forum member 'stepheng']