users@glassfish.java.net

Re: 2 instances of GF - cant be logged into admin console at the same time

From: Ed Hillmann <ed.hillmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:21:03 +1000

I think this is the same result as trying to connect to any web app running
on different domains on the same machine from the same browser/PC. You
can't do it.

I've come across this in the past, and if I remember correctly (?), this was
due to the HTTP connection
limit<http://www.openajax.org/runtime/wiki/The_Two_HTTP_Connection_Limit_Issue>enforced
by browsers. What I found was the browsers used the host name of
the url, ignoring the port. So, to the logic controlling the connections,
it's connecting to the same server (even though the ports are different -
the ports are ignored).

This isn't anything glassfish-specific. The best you can do is open the
page in a new HTTP session in the client. Using IE, open a new session.
Firefox it's possible, but harder. Or, use a different browser than what's
displaying the other connection.

Hope this helps,
Ed