users@glassfish.java.net

LDAP Authentication within DMZ

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 06:51:31 -0500 (CDT)

We are currently in the process of setting up a Glassfish 3.1 Application
Server in a production environment that is running in a DMZ. GF is currently
running on a non-privileged port and is fronted by Apache which dispatches
requests using mod_jk.
We are looking for suggestions and/or best practices from the community for
the issue of authenticating internal users using LDAP within the DMZ. While
opening a port on the firewall for LDAP is the simple solution, we are
looking for some input on a more sophisticated solution to the problem for
security reasons.
Does anyone have any suggestions or can share their experiences of how they
have dealt with this problem?
Thanks,
John

--
[Message sent by forum member 'unistd_h']