users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse publish to glassfish problem

From: Harald Wellmann <harald.wellmann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:28:14 +0200

Am 27.06.2011 19:22, schrieb forums_at_java.net:
> 'm having problems with Publish not working consistantly. I have my
> workspace/project set to automatic publish. Automatic publish seems to work
> fine for the first dozen or some saves of Java files but then just stops.

Not sure what you mean by "just stops" - if the server does not respond
to any publish or stop commands, you might be facing a memory leak
caused by redeploying your application. Looking at your heap and PermGen
with JConsole would help you to find out if this is the cause of your
problem.

> A Clean... from the server menu does absolutely nothing at least viewed from
> the eclipse GUI. If I delete the server and re-add it, publish works again
> but stops after another dozen or so saves.
>
> This problem usually happens when saving Java source files in a dependend
> project. That project is listed in the Deployment Description as well as in
> the Build Path as a dependent Project and listed for Export as well.

Last time I checked, about three weeks ago with the then current release
of the GlassFish Eclipse plugin and GlassFish 3.1.1-b06, saving a source
from a dependent project would _never_ republish the application, saving
a source from the web project would always do.

I'm on Eclipse 3.6.2 and Ubuntu 11.04 amd64.

Regards,
Harald