users@glassfish.java.net

Application over AJP errors 404 with GF 3.1 with jk connector

From: Braswell, Stephen <stephen_at_unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:47:41 +0000

Hi everyone,

I have a GlassFish 3.1 setup with a cluster that has its instances across different physical hosts. I am using the JK listener to provide AJP connectivity to the Apache with mod_jk web front-end layer. I have some applications deployed to this cluster that when access from the Apache side display a 404 error from GlassFish. If you access the application directly from the GlassFish HTTP listeners, it loads correctly. Other applications in the same cluster work.

Nothing is getting logged in the server.log file on the instances. I've increased some of the GlassFish logging for this cluster to finest but am not seeing anything usefule. I've also increased the logging level for mod_jk and nothing useful is getting logged there either.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this?

A few additional notes:

- Want to use AJP since I've read it proxies better than HTTP with GlassFish/Tomcat
- We switched over a year ago from the GlassFish load balancer plugin to AJP because we would end up hitting every bug or leak that was fixed in subsequent versions.
- We use the Tomcat Connector in the 2.1 environments we haven't upgraded yet and don't have any issues. We switched to the built-in JK connector for 3.1 so we didn't have the excess JAR files.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Stephen