users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Remote EJB Calls = Glassfish running out of heap space

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:21:29 -0500 (CDT)

 It's happening on every machine we have.  Most are running Windows 7 64bit
using a 32bit JVM with anywhere between 4-12GB of RAM.  We do have an older
XP machine with 2GB of RAM.  Our heapsize is set to 1024M.  We haven't
tried it on 3.1 because we've been having a difficult time upgrading from
3.0.1 due to code changes required.

The test code is very simple.  I do a lookup for a stateless EJB to get the
remote interface to it.  Then in a loop I call a method on the EJB which
does nothing and takes null as parameter.  Once it hit's the 25th iteration
in the loop things slow down a lot and glassfish will eventually run out of
memory around the 40th-50th iteration.  When we first noticed the problem
the method in the EJB was actually doing something so I removed the code to
make sure it wasn't something we were doing.  Even if I put delays between
the calls to the method on the EJB it still runs out of memory, so the fact
it's done in a loop is irelevant.  For whatever reason, making the remote
call is causing glassfish to run out of memory.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'cain05']