users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Secure admin breaks web admin?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:16:55 -0500 (CDT)

Anissa, thanks for helping.

As you say - immediately after installation of Glassfish, I can access the
admin console through my web browser.

I use Netbeans to develop an application that will run on this server. To do
this, I create a server definition in Netbeans, and Netbeans then attempts to
connect to Glassfish. This fails with the message about enable-secure-admin;
this is what I mean by "accessing from NetBeans".

In other words, NetBeans tells me to enable secure admin, which I do. After
doing so, I can no longer access the admin console through my browser;
strangely I can access it through NetBeans - however, this interface is not
very good for this purpose.

> After running the enable-secure-admin, you should see that your http
request is redirected to https. Do you see this happening in your browser?

My http request is not redirected to https.

> Is there any error logged in your server.log ? (found under
glassfish/domains/domain1/logs).

I only see a vague message about the connection being disconnected - I don't
have access to the server now, but will check later.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'janpla']