users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Privacity question

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:08:44 -0700

On 6/22/11 12:29 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> from http://hostname:8080/vaadinProject [2]. Local Packaged File or
> Directory
> that are Accessible from GlassFish Server are accesible outside my
> computer,
> for example in other countries?
Your web application is accessible doesn't mean that all your files in
your application directory is accessible by others. It all depends on
how you setup the security-constraints for your application.
You may want to look at
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13222_01/wls/docs81/webapp/web_xml.html
for how to set it up.

> When therr glassfish server is running am I sharing any folder of my
> computer
> to other computers of the world ?
no.

> Is it secure to run glassfish server in my personal computer where I have
> some personal data that I want to keep private ?
GlassFish server, including the admin console has gone through vigorous
security testing to ensure your system is protected.

> I am developping a vaadin web and using glassfish to deploy it. Does
> "Packaged File to Be Uploaded to the Server" mean that I am uploading the
> content outside my computer or it rest local installed only in my
> computer?
This means that your application has been packaged, (.ear, .war etc),
and is on your client machine. When choosing this option during
deployment, the admin console will upload your packaged file to the
machine that is running GlassFish, ie, DAS, or the host machine.

Hope this help.
Anissa.