users@glassfish.java.net

Privacity question

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 02:29:34 -0500 (CDT)

I have a question about the privacy. I am very concerned about security. When
I start the glassfish server on my computer I can acces to my common tasks
from http://localhost:4848/common/index.jsf [1]. And I can open vaadin webs
from http://hostname:8080/vaadinProject [2]. Local Packaged File or Directory
that are Accessible from GlassFish Server are accesible outside my computer,
for example in other countries?

When therr glassfish server is running am I sharing any folder of my computer
to other computers of the world ?

Is it secure to run glassfish server in my personal computer where I have
some personal data that I want to keep private ?

I am developping a vaadin web and using glassfish to deploy it.  Does
"Packaged File to Be Uploaded to the Server" mean that I am uploading the
content outside my computer or it rest local installed only in my computer?

[1] http://localhost:4848/common/index.jsf
[2] http://hostname:8080/

--
[Message sent by forum member 'AMDx64BT']