users@glassfish.java.net

Access Client Certificate Without Client Authentication

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 22:55:25 -0500 (CDT)

So, I have what might be a weird requirement. I have a bean that needs to be
able to access the client's X509Certificate, but the certificate will NOT be
in glassfish's keystore. I'm getting the client's certificate via:

(X509Certificate[]) ((HttpServletRequest)
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequest()).getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");
This works perfectly when I have client authentication enabled. The problem
being the certificate must be in glassfish's keystore, but I've tested that
and it works. If it's not in the keystore, glassfish doesn't authenticate and
the certificate never gets to the backing bean.

If client authentication is disabled, the above call returns null as it
appears glassfish doesn't retrieve the certificate at all in this case.

So, is there a way for me to gain access to the client certificate without it
being in glassfish's keystore?

Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'lessonz']