users@glassfish.java.net

Re: App client - GlassFish 3.2 - PAAS

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:28:06 -0500 (CDT)

Okay,

I'll refrain myself a bit from saying how much I love when you always address
all my app client concerns... and I'll stick to the technical side of things.

I can understand that in any agile process, one like to prioritize the work
according to how much each feature gets used and yeah, later release is
always acceptable. Is Just that specially now with the advent of JavaFX 2.0
desktop client based enterprise applications are even more of a better option
for LAN/VPN based deployments.

Another feature i would like to add to my app client wishlist (which at the
moment has at its top: less downloaded jars (or faster startup) for JWS app
clients) is HTTP tunneling of IIOP. I think i did read somewhere that JBOSS
has this capability. I am not sure, but anyways, I don't know how hard this
would be to implement, but I do know that it would be the pinnacle of
convenience for gf admins and for network admins who are never too keen to
open anything other than port 80 or 8080. Would it simplify the PaaS side of
things for app-client too if we could wrap IIOP with a Servlet?)

And now, breaking my previous promiss. Thanks Tim, I really appreciate the
time and clarity you always take in addressing app client questions... I told
myself next time I would ask you for your address and send you a post card...
but I am scared now, this kind of personal stuff may not be in the usage
guidelines of the forum.

My email address is pablo at anahata-it doooot com

--
[Message sent by forum member 'anahatait']