users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse/Glassfish, deployment of OSGi bundles

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:21:26 +0530

On Wednesday 11 May 2011 09:51 PM, Ludovic Champenois wrote:
> On 5/10/11 12:18 PM, Jeroen Benckhuijsen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Recently I've filed bug http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16196
>> on the usage of @OSGiService within pure Java EE applications. Of
>> course, consuming OSGi service withint a EE app is not possible. The
>> bug was mainly filed, as there currently doesn't seem to be an easy
>> way to deploy bundles developed within Eclipse on a Glassfish 3.x app
>> server.
>>
>> As agreed with Sanjeeb Sahoo, we wanted to start a separate thread to
>> discuss how this would be possible. So any thoughts on how to do
>> this. Preferably I would like it to be as easy as possible for the
>> developer, e.g. just by the using Add/Remove projects option.
>>

> The Eclipse Libra project (http://www.eclipse.org/libra ) is currently
> in incubation mode.
> See the schedule at
> http://www.eclipse.org/projects/timeline/index.php?projectid=webtools.libra
>
> Not sure yet if OSGI/GlassFish would be a target for the 0.1
> release... Being a 0.1 release does not give enough data point for how
> many people would use it.
> Ludo
Ho Jeroen,

Exteremely sorry for not following up this thread earlier. I was busy
finishing some other tasks. I am looking into the possibilities of using
Libra with GlassFish. At the moment, I am having some issue setting up
Libra in my Eclipse Helios environment. Once I succeed in that, I will
investigate using GlassFish as a target runtime.

Sahoo