users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish jms server question

From: Eugene Kondrashev <eugene.kondrashev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:39:39 +0300

Hi
I have a question regarding deployment of the jms destination resources.

Let sey i have several managed servers and a clustrer defined.
I've created a Topic and selected the targets for it.

As i read from the docs, Glassfish has integrated jms service support in
face of Glassfish MQ 4.4.
After looking to the domain.xml I've found that each config defines its own
jms-service on a different ports. So each server instance has its own jms
server.

Does that means that jms destination(Topic, i've created) is registered at
each target server(cluster) jms service?

The confusion comes from the fact that there is ono-to-one relation between
glassfish server instance and jms server.
this<http://www.packtpub.com/article/configuring-jms-resources-in-glassfish-2>
tutorial
expalains how to register apache generic resource adapter to integrate
glassfish with ActiveMQ.
The command for creating resource-adapter-config contains url to the only
one ActiveMQ broker that will be serving all the destinations, and in this
case all is clear. If I create a topic for that resource adapter i know that
the url of jms server(broker) is *URL=tcp://127.0.0.1:61616* who will be
serving the topic admin object.

And what about jmsra, what is the relation between created Topic and all
these brokers running per server instance?

PS:
I'm using Glassfish ES 9.1

Thanks,
Eugene