users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Time(r) for trouble

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:46:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I had today the same problem. Yesterday all was still running fine. But
today I get the same error posted by gioz. It's a kind of magic but is true

For all with the same problem, here is what happens and the soultion:

Glassfish stores the timer values persistently in a own Derby database. It's
important that you don't mix this with your own SQL database for your
application. To store the timer is stuff of glassfish and glassfish will do
that in his own database not in your application database. We talk about now
about the derby database of glassfish. The derby database will be stored in a
directory on the file system. For me is that in the
..../glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/databases/ejbtimer directory.

Until yesterday I had start the glassfish under user named "abcUser". The
last thing I do yesterday in the evening is to start the glassfish as root
user. Today I want to start glassfish as "abcUser" again and this failes. The
one time starting glassfish as root let derby create a lock file db.lck in
the derby directory above. This lock file has only write permission for root.
Changing the write permission of that file so that the file is also writable
for "abcUser" let start the glassfish successful :-)

I hope this will help you if you have the same problem,

Regards,

Steffen

--
[Message sent by forum member 'stewert']