users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1 High CPU Load

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:26:14 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
We are using glasssfish v3.1 with JDK 64 bits build 1.6.0_25-b06 to run a
Java EE application that basically uses https, entity and the entities'
methods are exposed through web services. After some minutes, depending on
the demand, the glassfish server starts to create a lot of objects that in
few seconds are collected by the garbage collector. This behavior causes a
high CPU load that degrades our service, and when this state begins, we
remove this server from the load balancer, so no more requests are sent, and
the high CPU and high level of created objects remains. We made severals
profiles and nothing from our application was reported. This same application
runs smoothly when deployed into the glassfish 2.1.1.
do you guys have any idea how to find or what could be the cause of this
problem?
Thank you,

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mathcunha']