users@glassfish.java.net

Problem publishing an EAR

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:06:14 -0500 (CDT)

I created a JAX-WS CXF 2.0 Web Service in Eclipse for Glassfish.  Glassfish
does not publish the EAR with the following message:

cannot Deploy XYZ_EAR
Deployment Error for module: XYZ_EAR: Error occurred during deployment:
Exception while preparing the app : java.io.IOException: The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect -- The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. Please see server.log
for more details.
Exception while invoking class org.glassfish.webservices.WebServicesDeployer
prepare method : java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: The
filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect -- The
filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect -- The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect

The same error occurs when trying to run/debug my Web Service from within
Eclipse, or when I Export my project to XWZ_EAR and try to publish it using
Glassfish's Admin console.

There is no hint on what filename, directory name, or volume label it
compplains about....

Any help would be appreciated..

--
[Message sent by forum member 'adaj21']