users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish also has the function of web server?

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.moussine-pouchkine_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:33:08 +0200

Hi Lei,

GlassFish can certainly be used without a front-end web server when there is no network topology requiring it (no load-balancing, no DMZ).
The technology behind the GlassFish HTTP capabilities is Grizzly, a top-notch nio framework.
Grizzly provides excellent performance with many config and tuning options.

-Alexis