users@glassfish.java.net

Re: get-health reports incorrectly

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:57:06 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi again,

I responded a few days ago through email and haven't seen a reply on the
forum yet, so am responding directly here. I *tried* to write:

I'm glad that worked out for you. Dealing with these network-level issues can
be tricky. For instance, your question about why the DAS did one thing and
validate-multicast another.

Without any options given, the validate-multicast subcommand has to use some
default values, and the default for network adapter is to not specify one at
all. So the JDK can pick whichever one it wants, which may not match what GMS
chooses in your host at the time it runs. Though it's a mostly
debugging-oriented tool, you can see how validate-multicast could also be
used to plan your configuration before creating the cluster (so you can
specify the network adapters as needed for each host).

I have an RFE to make the command (or a similar one) a little more user
friendly, such that it reads the configuration information, talks to the
instances for you, etc. Based on this, I just added a comment for myself that
it should let you know if it's making any assumptions such as network
interface:
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-13056?focusedCommentId=307561&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_307561
[1] Cheers,

[1]
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-13056?focusedCommentId=307561&amp;page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_307561

--
[Message sent by forum member 'bbissett']