users@glassfish.java.net

java webstart app using wrong server name for jndi lookups on glassfish 3.1

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:33:40 -0500 (CDT)

 I am running into a problem with jndi lookups hanging on a java web start
application talking to a glassfish 3.1 server.

The server has two network ip addresses (eth0 and eth0:0), one is on a
192.168 network and one is on a corporate subnet.  The boxes hostname is
resolveable on the corporate subnet.  The java web start clients are on the
192.168 network.

The jws client starts the whole process with javaws
http://192.168.0.254/JwsApp

The jws client starts talking to jndi using 192.168.0.254:3700, but after a
few connections to that port it appears to start using the corporate subnet.
 The client box on the 192.168.0.x subnet is blocked from talking on the
corporate subnet and all traffic should go through the 192.168.0.254:3700.

I noticed that the sun-acc.xml file that was generated also says the server
is the hostname (which is resolvable on the corporate subnet).  I changed
this but as expected it did not effect the java web start app.

So it would seem to me there is a bug somewhere that is causing the client to
start talking to a different server name than was originally used.

I have tried setting the address for the iiop listener and this did not help.
 I have set the startup parameters on the client:

-Dcom.sun.corba.ee.ORBVAAHost=192.168.0.254
-Dcom.sun.CORBA.ORBServerHost=192.168.0.254
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.0.254
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=192.168.0.254

So I have come up with just two things: a way to force the server name
through some sort of jnlp override and / or there must be a bug that causes
glassfish to switch from the requested ip address of 192.168.0.254 to the
server name returned by "hostname"

Anybody have any thoughts?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'gcruscoe']