users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is there any way to run the console in embedded glassfish?

From: Bhavanishankar <bhavanishankara.sapaliga_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:35:28 +0530

Embedded GlassFish does not come with the admin console.

In 3.1, you can use CommandRunner
<http://embedded-glassfish.java.net/nonav/apidocs/org/glassfish/embeddable/CommandRunner.html>
to run any commands or if you have 'asadmin' you can start your
application with environment variable GF_EMBEDDED_ENABLE_CLI=true, and
then use 'asadmin' command on the Embedded GlassFish.

_Bhavani.

On 04/25/2011 08:50 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> I'm using the embedded distribution to provide my client with an
> application
> server without them having to know any of the internals of an application
> server. However, I need my clients to be able to add database
> connections and
> jms queues to that server.
>
> Is there any way to run the console within the embedded server?.
>
> I know I can configure the database connections and queues using
> commands,
> but that would force me to provide my clients with some sort of UI. The
> console would work just fine.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'obdulin']

Sun, an Oracle Company