users@glassfish.java.net

Re: get-health reports incorrectly

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 07:35:09 -0500 (CDT)

        Hello again,

[quote=bbissett]On Apr 21, 2011, at 3:14 PM, Tom Mueller wrote: > Your two
instance IP addresses are on 192.168.3, but your DAS is on 10.0.0.1. Are you
sure that multicast was validated between server running the DAS and the
servers running the instances? Typically multicast is not configured to work
across subnets. > > In order for get-health to work, multicast is required
between the DAS and the instances. I agree with Tom that it looks like the
DAS is on a different subnet with the two instances. The instances can see
each other just fine, according to the logs. Can you give the steps here a
try and make sure you're running the validate-multicast command on the DAS
and one of the instances at the same time (doesn't matter which instance)?
http://blogs.sun.com/bobby/entry/validating_multicast_transport_where_d For
step one in the blog, the multicast address and port that your cluster is
using are 228.9.151.111 and 25336. It may be that your DAS machine has more
than one network adapter and one of them is actually on the same subnet as
the instances. Step 3 of the blog talks in a little more detail about this as
well as how to check and how to specify the adapter if you need to. Cheers,
Bobby[/quote]

  Yes you are right. The "validate-multicast" commnad works perfectly every
time I run it, but the problem is that the DAS has more than one interface
and for some reason domain.xml is using the IP address fo eth1 instead of
eth0.

I will have to dig a little deeper. Now I am following:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/gjfnl.html#gjdlw

in order to try to do this change and will post back. Thanks for pointing me
to the right direction.

Best regards,

Todor

--
[Message sent by forum member 'windwalker78']