users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2.1.1 Windows Services in Cluster Profile -- Node Agent won't start

From: Nazrul Islam <nazrul.islam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 09:42:51 -0700

bamoss_at_sceats.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone please point me to the appropriate documentation or tell
> me how to correctly set up Windows services for the Node Agents? I
> have been successful in setting up the Glassfish Windows services for
> domain1 on my two test boxes, by using the --user and --passwordfile
> options, but have not been successful with the Node Agent.
Here are the official documentation pointers:
GlassFish 2.x:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19879-01/820-4335/ablwx/index.html
GlassFish 3.1:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/gglqp.html

Please file a doc bug if the above needs correction.

> For clarification, I have been using the sc.exe command to create the
> windows services. I can successfully create the node agent windows
> service, but I cannot get it to start, ending with a 1053 timeout
> error, which I believe is because it also needs to access the
> masterpassword. Even when I try to start the Node Agents at the
> command line (to validate the sc.exe commands), I am prompted to enter
> the masterpassword.
Did you try --savemasterpassword option in create-node-agent command?
Refer to
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19879-01/820-4332/6nfq988qc/index.html
You may also try change-master-password command now to save the
masterpassword. Refer to
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19879-01/820-4332/6nfq988p5/index.html

--
Nazrul Islam   -   (408) 276-6468   -   Oracle