users@glassfish.java.net

Re: get-health reports incorrectly

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 02:06:14 -0500 (CDT)

          Good morning,

[quote=tmueller]The create-service command takes an optional argument. If you
don't specify it, it creates a service for the one and only domain. If you
want the service to start and instance, use the --node option and an instance
name as the argument. Hopefully somebody that is more of an expert with GMS
can help with that. Tom[/quote]

          Tom, thank you very much for "--node" tip. I run the
command on one of the instances and now I am sure this instance will
autostart after each reboot.

However the problem with "get-health cluster1" remains. Do you think I should
contact the developers for this?

Another thing that I have problem with is the password alias. Can you give me
a tip for this too. This part of the startup script on my DAS machine:

    $ASADMIN start-domain    --domaindir
/usr/share/glassfish3/glassfish/domains  --passwordfile
/usr/share/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/passwords.txt domain1

    $ASADMIN start-cluster --passwordfile
/usr/share/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/passwords.txt cluster1
As you see I have setup a password with alias for the admin user. However the
first command executes perfectly and the domain is started, but the second
cannot operate with the alias option.If the password.txt file is like this:

"AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=${ALIAS=jms-password}"

Only the first row is executed. If the password is in cleartext like this:

"AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=MyPasswordHere"

Both commands get executed. I really need to hide my password. Do you think
this is also a bug?

With kind regards,

Todor

--
[Message sent by forum member 'windwalker78']