users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OpenMQ unexpected shutdown

From: Márcio Geovani Jasinski <marciogj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:18:27 -0300

Thanks Ed,

Some extra details about this issue:
Saturday morning around 10:40 AM I switched JMS type to Local. Since then I
have this server up and running without any unexpected behavior.
Now I'm getting confident that I'll not see such issue again.

We also run same application with Glassfish - Embeeed JMS type in other
client and never got any scenario like that.
Moreover we have other applications which runs massive JMS resource with
Glassfish 2.1 and 2.1.1 almost two years without a single case where
Glassfish has shutdown a component. That's why we keep using it - it's a
excellent application server and I trust it very much.

The most interesting thing from mentioned case for me was that broker went
down and http listeners keep running very well on ports 8585 and 4949.
Between 9:08 AM and 9:22 AM server.log got no entries while broker did a
kind of gracefully shutdown. But I was able to access Glassfish admin page.
Also our application log few details during context destroy and it would be
easy to see on server.log file but I couldn't see any.

I'm monitoring this server on daily basis and if something unusual appears
I'll bring more details.
Right now I would like to see if anybody has already seen a similar issue.

Ed, thanks a lot for all support and information you and your team provided
during this weekend.

Regards,
Márcio Geovani Jasinski
Blumenau, Santa Catarina