users@glassfish.java.net

How to have a better configuration in GF+IDE? not so slow to deploy/redeploy

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:54:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I had used GF3.0.1 + NB6.9.1. And now I use GF3.1 + NB7.0 RC2.

There are three problems with GF deploying of webapps:

1) A new problem with GF3.1 that didn't occur in GF3.0.1:
"*java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid resource : { ResourceInfo :
(jndiName=java:app/jdbc/sitesat2-ds__pm), (applicationName=sitesat2) } at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectorRuntime.lookupDataSourceInDAS(ConnectorRuntime.java:539)*".
Each time I try to run my webapp, I need to deploy two times, first occurs
this error, second works fine. Then, I think this is not a problem with
configuration of my webapp. Some problem with GF or NB RC2.

2) The deploy is very slow at any GF version, mainly because checking of
named queries ("*Binding Named query:*"). Is there some way to configure GF
doesn't check the named queries, to trust in the developer?

3) When running/testing the webapp, it is normal to redeploy many times,
after change some Java code. But, at any GF version, after 3/4 redeploys, it
arises this error "Exception while preparing the app : GC overhead limit
exceeded". If I increase Mx/Ms configs in GF-ADMIN, I have more 2/3
redeploys possible. I think this problem occurs because GF doesn't have a
way to clear all the webapp heap used when redeploying. Then, I have to stop
GF server and start all again, right?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'edilmar']